Word soon spread about the exceptional quality of WALA medicines. As a result, the company moved to larger premises in Dresden in 1938, five years after it was formed. In 1941, the Nazi regime brought the up-and-coming company to a temporary halt by imposing a ban on anthroposophy. When Hitler’s deputy Rudolf Hess (1894 -1987) fled to England, suspicions of a revolutionary conspiracy between Hess and the anthroposophic community prompted numerous arrests. On 9 June 1941, the Gestapo arrested, among others, Dr. Rudolf Hauschka and Dr. Margarethe Stavenhagen (1896 -1980), who were at the time jointly responsible for running the Kuranstalt Gnadenwald sanatorium in Austria, a branch of the anthroposophic clinic in Arlesheim.
Furthermore, WALA was declared illegal. In 1946, after the Second World War, Hauschka recommenced manufacturing WALA medicines in a temporarily converted military barracks on the grounds of the Biological Homeopathic Hospital in Munich, where he supplied the hospital with homeopathic products.
In 1950, the WALA laboratory moved to Bad Boll / Eckwälden near Stuttgart. The Healing and Educational Centre based